Friday 31 May 2013

New DT position

  I was delighted when I was asked to be on the Clare Curd Crafts design team.  Clare's shop is relatively new but stocks an assortment of fabulous goodies including many lines by my favourite paper designer Teresa Collins.  Her new collections are gorgeous - she has developed a whole range of stunning co-ordinating embellishments including garlands and file folders, I want the whole lot!

  For my first post I wanted to create a card using one of Teresa's older lines: Spring Fling.  Clare sells the collection pack, paper pad and chipboard elements.  Joanne created a fabulous card with the paper on Tuesday, but I thought it might be a nice idea to create another card and show how versatile this paper line is. 

  To make this card I just used the 12x12 paper pack which includes 9 sheets of double sided patterned paper and a die-cut accessory sheet.  This paper pack is such a great price too - £5.75!


  At the minute I am obsessed with making mini cards, they are a great way of using up scraps, this card measures 4 3/4 by 4 3/4 inches.  The card blanks that I used are by Craftwork Cards - Clare sells the larger sized blanks here.  I love the scalloped edges!  

  Firstly I embossed some white cardstock with a hexagon embossing folder and then placed the paper on top.  I edged all of my paper with Tim Holtz's pumice stone ink pad to get rid of those horrible white edges.  These are currently on offer with 10% off the whole range making them only £4.05 each.  The ticket, sentiment and large butterfly are all from the accessory sheet, and I cut the smaller butterflies from one of the paper sheets.  Then I just added a bit of bling to complete the card. 

  If you want to see some more projects that I made with this paper pack check out my youtube video here.

  Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa.


1 comment:

  1. Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your weblog posts.

    Any way I will be subscribing on your augment or even I fulfillment you access constantly quickly.


    Visit my web-site; Dragon City Cheat Engine

    ReplyDelete