Monday 19 August 2013

Clare Curd Crafts Blog Party

  Over at Clare Curd Crafts we're having a party to re-launch our design team blog.  We have been joined by some fabulous new design team members and today they are showcasing their talent.  Hop on over and take a look, and if you sign up to our newsletter you could be in with a chance of winning these fabulous goodies:





  You can find all the detail on how to enter here.

 For my project I decided to make a little notebook with the Boy Crazy range by My Mind's Eye.  I love this range - it's so bright and funky - just perfect for boys!

  I wanted to make some sturdy covers for the notebook, so I cut some cardboard (I used cereal boxes) to fit inside a c6 envelope, and then sealed the envelope shut.  I love this method of making covers for notebooks and mini albums, its so much easier and quicker than trying to cover chipboard.



  I used layers of the patterned paper taken from the 6x6 pad to decorate the front cover.  Then I added some of the felt stickers - these are fabulous:



  I used the alien sticker to draw around and make a template, and then sewed two aliens out of my stash of felt (the yellow one is hiding) and attached them to the spine with a clasp.

  For the inside I wanted to create pockets that the recipient could store things in.  I sealed an envelope shut again and cut it in half to create two pockets, all I did then was to cover them with the patterned paper and pop some sheets of white paper inside:



  To create four more pockets I used some clear plastic bags - the type that you buy to store or sell your cards in, and simply cut off the adhesive strip at the top.  You can just about see it on the left hand side below - I've put some paper inside it so that it shows up:



  I hope you like my little notebook and I hope you have a go at making one yourself!

 Here are the products that I used:




No comments:

Post a Comment